Ts & Cs (The boring bit…)
On the day of booking you will be given a briefing which outlines the terms & conditions below. By taking control of the boat, the hirer is deemed to have read & accepted the terms & conditions.
As we want to get you out on the water as efficiently as possible, please get in touch beforehand if you have any questions.
1. (A) Vessels only to operated during daylight hours. Vessel to be returned to the handover location at Runaway Bay before sunset for refuelling unless otherwise arranged. Other arrangements may incur appropriate fees which can be discussed before the hire.
(B) Vessels only to be operated in areas specified in the safety briefing. Under no circumstances can the vessel be taken offshore.
(C) Vessels must be controlled at all times by the holder of a current, valid boat license or as the listed driver for vessels that do not require a license. All other state marine licensing rules apply.
(D) Fuel used is paid for by hirer. The vessel will be given to you with a full tank of fuel. Upon return, Coastal Ventures can refuel for you at the local marina pump rate and take this cost from your bond or you may choose to refuel the vessel yourself.
2. The hirer will: –
A) Pay all charges as set out overleaf together with all other charges, which may be levied or made pursuant to the conditions hereof.
B) Not drive the vessel whilst under the influence of liquor or drugs, or with a blood
alcohol content in excess of any statutory limit
C) The hirer will NOT allow any other person to control the vessel and is responsible for all occupants and their actions.
D) Report any accident to the nearest police station and the owner forthwith.
E) Not have the vessel repaired except with the express permission and consent of Coastal Ventures and the owner shall be at liberty to direct any particular person to make such repairs or to do such
repairs provided that the owner shall not incur any liability in respect of such repairing.
F) Not operate the vessel outside the designated areas.
3. (A) Accidental damage insurance only covers the loss and damage to the vessel during the
period of hire and does not cover the loss or damage: -i) To personal items
ii) Due to negligence or criminal action by the hirer;
iii) Resulting from overloading, speeding, overheating, seizure or misuse of the vessel
iv) When the vessel is overdue for return;
v) Arising from more than one accident or event
vi) If at any time the driver of the vessel is not the authorised person under this hire contract
(B) Accident damage does not cover the first $1,000 of damage, which will be the hirer’s
responsibility. A security bond will be required prior to departure. The bond will be refunded
so long as no damage occurred to the boat during the hire period. Where damages occur charges
of up to $1000 may be debited from the credit card provided, where damages are covered by
(C) The hirer agrees to pay the owner the cost of repair; replacement of any loss or damage howsoever caused which is not covered by insurance due to any breach by the hirer or any other cause whatsoever.
(D) The owner shall not be responsible for any fines incurred or any breaches of marine regulations in respect to the vessel whilst under control or custody of the hirer or during the continuance of the term of the hire.
(E) The hirer acknowledges and accepts the that the use and operation of the vessel, included for the purposes of water skiing, swimming, towing a tube and other such like activities, is subject to inherent risks and dangers. The Hirer accepts those risks and agrees to indemnify Coastal Ventures for any losses suffered by the Hirer, any passengers or any third parties as a result of the materialisation of those risks and dangers. The Hirer also undertakes to advise all passengers of the risks and dangers associated with the use and operation of the vessel prior to boarding. The hirer acknowledges and understands all safety material and briefings that have been presented.
4. The owner hereby expressly negatives all warranties conditions or representations expressed or implied in respect of the fitness, quality or state of repair of the vessel hired and is under no liability in this respect whether for negligence or otherwise.
5. Should the hired vessel not be returned within the time stipulated then a charge equivalent to a single day hire, or part thereof shall be charged until the vessel is returned. If the hirer is unable to be made contact with, it will be deemed the hirer to have lost/ stolen the vessel and Coastal Ventures will take steps to regain possession, including police action.
6. In the event of the vessel breaking down, the onset of poor weather conditions the hirer shall notify the owner to arrange the immediate return of the vessel. The period of the hire shall be determined upon the return of the vessel. In no event shall the owner be responsible for any costs / loss incurred by the hirer.
7. If poor weather conditions are present before the hire proceeds a transfer in reservation will be granted, however we do not grant such a transfer for rain alone.
8. A cancelled/ Postponed hire will incur a $200 cancellation fee. Cancellations or postponed bookings will only be accepted 72 hours prior to hire date. Cancellations/ postponed bookings within 72 hours of the booking date will incur a charge for the full hire fee.
9. A cleaning fee will be charged if the vessel is returned uncleaned / dirty
10. Photos taken of your hire may be used by Coastal Ventures for promotional purposes, if you object to this, please let us know before the hire date by email or phone.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS IMPOSED ON HIRE & DRIVE REGULATIONS
A) No person under the age of 21 years may hire a vessel
B) Vessels to be operated between sunrise and sunset only
C) The following safety conditions apply at all times that the vessel is in use;
(a) A life jacket of Australian standards association must be available for each person
on board the vessel. Suitable PFDs (lifejackets) are provided for all passengers i.e adult,
juvenile, child. (recommended for children under 12 years at all times).
(b) An adequate and approved extinguisher must be on board when vessel is in use.
(c) An anchor and sufficient line, bucket with lanyard, flares, torch, secondary sounding device is to
be carried on board at all times
D) The vessel is to be used and navigated so as to comply with the requirements of QLD Maritime.
E) The hirer has been given clear and concise instructions on:
(a) Correct and safe handling and navigation of the vessel
(b) Correct and safe operation of machinery & fuel system
(c) Stowage and use of life-saving appliances
(d) Location and use of the fire extinguisher
(e) Limits of operation
(f) The hirer when taking control of the boat acknowledges he/she has read the above conditions and is conversant with the terms thereof and fully understands the effect on them.